It is not uncommon to have a whirlwind of holiday family, friend, and work obligations to make the last several days of the year blend together into a slightly hazy mix of tinsel and tins of cookies. Here are some relaxing things you can do in Grand Rapids before the year is over to have a few final pleasant
memories of 2015.
- Take a Carriage Ride through downtown Grand Rapids to see all the lights and the beautiful tree!
- Ice Skate at Rosa Parks Circle (weather dependent).
- Take a Tour of Christmas and Holiday Traditions Around the World at Frederik Meijer Gardens.
- Hike the Blandfold Nature Trail (this is a little more magical with a fresh coat of snow on the ground).
- Stay toasty by the fire while overlooking the lake and enjoying a drink or meal at Rose’s or Bostwick Lake Inn.
- Check out the Holiday Planetarium Show at the Grand Rapids Public Museum.
- Take an evening drive to tour a few of Grand Rapids many beautiful neighborhoods to see their light displays (hopefully everyone has power by now). Pick up some ice cream from Furniture City Creamery or some coffee from Rowster to make the drive a little more cozy.
Please let us know if you have any other helpful suggestions. Whatever you end up doing with the end of your year, please enjoy them and be safe! Happy Holidays!
*Photo credit to MLive.com